Sunday, March 3, 2013

"I Still See The Sparkle In Your Eyes" ... even when you're moody...

I have fallen in love with mixed processes. Pastels, the original. Then, in a photo-program playing with the piece to get different moods and imagery. And each one speaks to me in a different way. And they are all real, and they are all parts of me, and this process has a place in the art I am going to be creating, especially for pages in a mixed media journal I am creating...



"I Still See The Sparkle In Your Eyes" ~ 3.3.13
Original



"Sparkle," ehnhanced detail process...



"Sparkle" ~ Enhanced, Vintage process...



"Sparkle" ~ Vintage Process, mixed colors...



"Sparkle" ~ Cyanotype...


I have an affection for the original but I like the last one the best. I find the colors a bit startling, unsettling, and beautiful. I am looking at ways, now, to combine my writing and art and even use it on products. You will see these things developing here and by summer there will be a new website and products for sale. I'm very excited. This is the truest, most heartfelt thing I have ever done because I've needed to produce visual art and what is coming up for me feels like it meshes with my writing. 

This feels so good...

Be who you are. Do what you've always wanted to do. Let no one hold you back. 

Do it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment