Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meditation, Purification, Transformation, Illumination, And A Healing Vision...

When I meditate I connect to my deepest Self.
When I meditate I see God.
When I meditate, I am surrounded by angels...




I am moving through a time of deep healing, cleansing, I am being transformed, the whole world around me is illuminated. It is a state of bliss, I am blessed, and then I wake up to the real world as it is. This is why it is essential to meditate regularly. I always walk away with some gem. I always carry with me a peace and calm, at least for a time. I have touched down on pure grace and seen God, felt angel's wings brush against me, and though I might only carry those visions with me on a subconscious level, they are there, woven into the layers of my being, hidden behind a veil. Thankfully, the veil lifts from time to time throughout the day, and it is enough to keep me going. But it would drift away completely if I did not keep up with my practice.

There is no one way to meditate and I do not meditate, anymore, on a zafu on a cold hard floor, as I did when I began to study Zen meditation more than thirty years ago. We can't all sustain that posture, but it doesn't mean that we can't find a way to meditate in our own lives. In fact, after having been in a head-on collision, having had surgeries on my feet and then breaking them both at the same time, it is only comfortable for me to meditate in a chair, and this does not make the meditation any less potent. We can meditate at any time, anywhere, even if only for five minutes, perhaps it will be a hour. I like to do it for shorter periods many times throughout the day so that I may come back to myself. And I have company when I meditate. They meditate with me...




You can continue to meditate even if a puppy wakes up and kisses you on the nose, or an old fella burrows back into you to feel closer to you and get more comfortable. We are always meditating in sync with real life. Opening our heart and breathing our way over and under, around and through helps us sustain that peaceful calm of meditation when we move out of this state into the reality of our day. We meditate with the world and it carries us along on the tide of the minutes and hours before us. It is a life raft as we bob up and down through the stormy seas of life, and a raft to lay back on and bask in the sun. It is the core of my life, and further, it's what keeps me sane.

I often have visions when I meditate and this past week I had one so profound I shared it with a woman who has breast cancer. I told her in addition to whatever healing therapies she was doing, this could be a tool to strengthen her spirit, and her healing process, as she moved through her days. I believe it will work for her. I believe it will work for me. I have several issues that need to be healed, in body, mind, and spirit. I am working with this meditation now and I can't tell you what it is doing for me. It is already in the book that I am writing, and just rereading what I've written takes me back to this state, reminds me, and I pick it up and carry it with me once again after it has slipped away from me. I encourage you to try it, in whatever way you are comfortable, with eyes closed, relaxing your body, breathing in and out regularly, easy, easy, gently, you feel your whole body slip down into a very soft place. You are ready.
 

Breathe In, Breathe Out, continue gently with your breathing. While you are relaxed and breathing, eyes closed, visualize your self as the radiant golden being that you are, surrounded by a beautiful radiant aura, all around you, of shimmering gold. This is the healing light it brings. See yourself breathing in this golden light and filling your body with it, breathing out allow the darkness, the illness, or pain in your body or mind, to leave your body, blow it out and away. Breathe in the golden healing light, breathe out the darkness which may also come from your heart, mind or soul. Cleansing, clearing your body, can speed your healing and uplift your mind and heart. These things are known to speed up the healing process.
 



Keep breathing in this golden light, and as you do feel the rivers of darkness flow out of your body with the outbreath. An amazing healing is taking place. Purification, transformation, illumination. Continue with this meditation until it feels as though it has come to a natural end. Repeat at least daily, or many times throughout the day. Sometimes just closing your eyes for a few moments and breathing that golden light in and releasing negativity, pain, illness,  anything that holds you back from your true and perfect Self is a perfect way to keep the energy flowing. Some can do this instead of any outside therapies. Some will be under a medical doctor's care. Some will be working with holistic practitioners. This practice works in perfect tandem with them all, it makes no judgment about other areas of your life or the mode of healing you have chosen. If you are not working with a healing issue, it will enhance and brighten your day and everything that you do will be done with a greater feeling of peace inside, a warm spreading of grace inside of your body. 

We heal on many levels, some unseen and unknown by us, but with faith in yourself, in the meditation, with the process, you will be amazed at the results. I will go so far as to say that you don't have to believe in any specific outcome. You don't have to even believe that it works. If you are open and willing to experience whatever may come, even if you don't know what that is, you will be blessed beyond your wildest imaginings. Miracles occur every single moment of every single day. You are now able to see with a golden eye...



So I sit in my chair, pugs sleeping at my side, I close my eyes and breathe, I breathe in the golden light, I release whatever is troubling me that day, and I feel far more things leaving my body as I do, and in the reverse, feel more and more golden light coming in. This is my meditation. I call it "Breathing In The Golden Light." It is the name of the book that I am writing. Even writing about it puts me in touch with these feelings, and for a time the world around me shimmers with that healing light, and I smile, and it transforms my day.

My work these days is very intense. I am having amazing healing sessions with a Reiki Master, Transformational Healing Sessions with an incredible practitioner, and studying privately with a man who channels angel's messages -- and yes, it is very real and I was astounded -- and does one on one work with students with healing the soul and helping prepare you for your life's work. This is one of the most amazing things that I have ever experienced in my life. 

Also, next Sunday I go to my first Reiki attunement session so that I will begin the process of become a Reiki Master myself, although I see all of this work that I am doing as something that I will bring to my writing, to be able to reach out and touch people through my words, and I pray that my work will be of value to the world.


My days and nights are now full with healing work, study, meditation and writing. I work with crystals as I always have, healing essential oils, prayer and guidance from spiritual teachers, and students are already coming to me. For now I practice a combination of Deep Listening, Calming Energy, Meditation, Healing Journal Writing Guidance designed anew for each specific student. This comes out of thirty years of teaching journal classes and working one on one, and with groups, in hospitals, healing centers of all sorts, with ministers and counselors, in colleges and women centers, and much, much more. I have taught thousands of students and they have blessed me and enriched my life. Our students are always some of our greatest teachers.

And so I offer you The Meditation of the Golden Light. Try it, gently, regularly, and allow feelings to arise with no judgment. The healing process is different for every individual, no two alike, and just right for the person doing the work. I believe in you. I have faith in you. No matter what you are doing, or who you are, inside you there is a flame that can never be extinguished. Breathe in the light. Watch it grow.

I send you my love, and blessings, from my little cottage to where you are in the world. 

God Bless You and Keep You,
Believe in Yourself, 
And Love, Always Love...





© 2011 Maitri Libellule
All Rights Reserved

9 comments:

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

That was lovely, Maitri. :)

I love walking meditations, through the forest or even in the city, the best. They are the most cleansing, for me.

Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maitri, This is a beautiful meditation and could easily be done anywhere...even standing in line at the grocery store! Thanks so much for sharing. Many Blessings.

anti snore said...

This site is great. This is a beautiful meditation and could easily be done anywhere.Thanks for information.

anti snore said...

This site is great and beautiful meditation. Thanks for sharing.

Elaine said...

Taking the time to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, how reading about your life helps me live mine more fully. You are appreciated and loved!

Colleen from Tix-Comix said...

What a gorgeous description of meditation. I resolve to meditate at least 25% more. Thank you Maitri.

Victoria SkyDancer said...

Another Divine entry...and you will be able to infuse your words with Reiki energy (if you aren't already!), both in cyberspace & in realspace.
Enjoy the Renaissance! :-)

Blessed Be,
VSD

heath quotes said...

This is a beautiful meditation and could easily be done anywhere...even standing in line at the grocery store! Thanks so much for sharing. Many Blessings.

Anonymous said...

How perfectly lovely. You and I must have started out on our paths at nearly the same. It began for me in June of 1982, so it's 29 years. It has been, and continues to be, a fascinating journey. I wish we could get together and talk. I know it would be wonderful. :)

I read every word and very much enjoyed "Maitri's Heart". Where would we be without meditation?

Post a Comment